CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment have announced that they will be bringing the epic video game adaptation Halo: Season One to 4K UHD Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray and DVD on November 15, 2022. There will also be a Limited Edition 4K UHD Blu-Ray SteelBook available on the same day. The five-disc collection features all nine episodes and over five hours of behind-the-scenes moments, including 75 minutes of exclusive featurettes.
The series stars Pablo Schreiber as the Master Chief or Spartan-117; Natascha McElhone (“Californication”) as Dr. Halsey, the brilliant, conflicted and inscrutable creator of the Spartan super soldiers; and Jen Taylor (“Halo” game series) as Cortana, the most advanced AI in human history and potentially the key to the survival of the human race. Additional stars include Bokeem Woodbine (“Fargo”), Shabana Azmi (Fire), Natasha Culzac (“The Witcher”), Olive Gray (“Half Moon Investigations”), Yerin Ha (“Reef Break”), Bentley Kalu (Avengers: Age of Ultron), Kate Kennedy (“Catastrophe”), Charlie Murphy (“Peaky Blinders”) and Danny Sapani (“Penny Dreadful”). Get more details below!
Synopsis: HALO: SEASON ONE takes place in the universe that first came to be in 2001 through the launch of Xbox’s first “Halo” videogame. After years of human civil war and growing political unrest, mankind’s very future is threatened when our outermost colonies intrude upon the sacred worlds of an alien threat known as the Covenant. As this fanatical powerful alliance destroys world after human world, only one soldier slows their advance – a cybernetically enhanced “Spartan” supersoldier, the Master Chief (Pablo Schreiber, “American Gods” and “Orange is the New Black”). As the mystery of the Covenant’s true ambitions are revealed, the Master Chief must find a way to save humanity from the alien threat while also coming to terms with the secrets of his own enigmatic past.
With over five hours of special features, the epic DVD, Blu-ray, 4K UHD and limited-edition 4K UHD Steelbook collections include:
- Dissecting the Battle of Madrigal – The Halo crew takes you behind the scenes to dissect one of the most important moments of the show, the Battle of Madrigal.
- Becoming Spartans – Our larger-than-life heroes introduce one another and share their thoughts on the process of becoming Spartans. Master Chief, Kai, Riz, Vannak and Soren recollect their memories from training and early bootcamp to the epic result we see on screen. Showrunner Steven Kane and director Otto Bathurst join the Spartan team to reveal the challenges and joy of creating near-perfect superhumans encountering imperfectly human emotions for the very first time.
- Creating the Costumes of Halo – Costume designer Giovanni Lipari brings insight into the creation of the 5 different worlds shown in HALO: SEASON ONE.Giovanni shares not only the process of creating the costumes and styles for each of the planets, but provides background and history for the different groups and their connection to one another.
- Weapons and Vehicles of Halo – Master Chief’s assault rifle or the sound of a warthog? Two emblematic tools of the Halo universe. Property Master Andrew Orlando leads us through the steps of the realization of Covenant and Spartan weapons from initial design to final construction.Sophie Becher, Production Designer, joins in to share details about the newly invented spaceships of this one-of-a-kind universe. There is no Halo without the sound and look of warthogs, and Picture Vehicle Coordinator Parádi Sándor Jr. joins to tell us how it and other Halo vehicles were conceived.
- The World of Halo – Join us for an inside conversation with Executive Producer Kiki Wolfkill, Director Otto Bathurst, Showrunner Steven Kane, Pablo Schreiber and other cast members as they break down how the story and characters of this sci-fi epic game were brought to the screen.
- Adapting Halo – The Halo production teams give viewers an inside look at how visual effects, artful direction, and purposeful set design were used to create the show’s other worldly look and feel.They share how each setting is unique and immersive, and built on a massive scale.
- The Culture of The Covenant – Take an exclusive tour alongside remarkable talent, visual effects artists and production teams who show us how they brought to life the setting and aliens that make up The Covenant.
- The Lake of Eternal Life: A Song from Halo’s Score – A behind-the-scenes look at the studio recording of the funeral song, “The Lake of Eternal Life” sung by Jaram Lee.
- The Making of Cortana – Actress Jen Taylor discusses her character’s emotional journey throughout the series and reveals how the filmmakers brought Cortana to life on screen.
- Halo The Series: Declassified 101 – 109
- 101 – In this premiere episode of Halo the Series: Declassified, Sydnee is joined by the Master Chief himself, Pablo Schreiber, Master Chief’s highly advanced A.I., Cortana, and AEW professional wrestler Adam Cole.
- 102 – Host Sydnee Goodman takes viewers behind the scenes of Episode 2 (“Unbound”) with actor Bokeem Woodbine, Director Otto Bathurst, as well as some lucky fans who got to attend the red-carpet premiere of Halo the Series.
- 103 – We dive into Episode 3, “Emergence.” Here, host Sydnee Goodman talks with star Charlie Murphy (Makee). Plus, see how the show built one of its most impressive sets and meet some of the most passionate Halo fans in the world.
- 104 – Host Sydnee Goodman welcomes Cortana herself, Jen Taylor! They discuss Jen’s longtime role as Master Chief’s fan-favorite A.I and how bringing the character to life on TV brought new challenges. Plus, get a lesson in the Covenant language of Sangheili from the linguists who created it. Then, passionate Halo fans explain what Master Chief means to them. Finally, get a special look behind the scenes of the incredible visual effects of Halo the Series, including how the talented artists brought Cortana to live action.
- 105 – In this installment of Halo the Series: Declassified, host Sydnee Goodman talks with Kate Kennedy (Kai-125). Plus, behind the scenes of the stunts and weapons of Halo the Series and a look at the world’s largest Halo collection.
- 106 – Host Sydnee Goodman is joined by Natascha McElhone (Dr. Halsey) to explore the complicated nature of Halsey’s work with the Spartans. Plus, we visit Spartan bootcamp, talk with composer Sean Callery, and more.
- 107 – Host Sydnee Goodman chats with actress Yerin Ha (Kwan Ha) about her character’s journey from average kid to freedom fighter. Plus, enjoy a visit from actor Wil Wheaton, a closer look at iconic Halo vehicles, and plenty of Easter eggs.
- 108 – In this installment of Halo the Series: Declassified, host Sydnee Goodman welcomes star Olive Gray (Dr. Miranda Keyes) to discuss their approach to a character that has complicated relationships with everyone around her. Plus, behind the scenes with Director Jonathan Liebesman, a cosplay tutorial, and more.
- 109 – On the finale installment of Halo the Series: Declassified, host Sydnee Goodman welcomes Executive Producer Kiki Wolfkill and Executive Producer/Showrunner Steven Kane to dive deep into all the big events, so far. Plus, enjoy a thank you from the cast and crew and an enlightening discussion about reflecting the real world in sci-fi.
The HALO: SEASON ONE DVD is presented in a widescreen format, the Blu-ray in 1080p High
Definition, and the 4K UHD and 4K UHD Steelbook in 4K Ultra High-Definition. The DVD offers
English 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio, while the Blu-ray offers English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, and
the 4K UHD and 4K UHD Steelbook outputs English Audio. All formats include English SDH
Before we let you go, we have officially launched our merch store! Check out all of our amazing apparel when you click here and type in GVN15 at checkout for a 15% discount!
Make sure to check out our podcasts each week including Geek Vibes Live, Top 10 with Tia, Wrestling Geeks Alliance and more! For major deals and money off on Amazon, make sure to use our affiliate link!
Dillon is most comfortable sitting around in a theatre all day watching both big budget and independent movies.