Disney+ is bringing in a lot of movies to its streaming service – announced under its Summer Movie Nights schedule. This lineup will begin this Friday and will stretch [every Friday] until early September. This Friday will begin with Hamilton and movies that will be included in this lineup are Marvel films and Star Wars movies. Including some of the Fox properties that Disney recently acquired.
- Friday, July 3th – Hamilton
- Friday, July 3rd – The Mighty Ducks
- Friday, July 10th – X-Men: Days of Future Past
- Friday, July 10th – Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Friday, July 17th – X-Men: Apocalypse
- Friday, July 24th – Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- Friday, July 31st – Incredibles 2
- Friday, August 7th – X-Men
- Friday, August 7th – The Peanuts Movie
- Friday, August 14th – Ant-Man and the Wasp
- Friday, August 14th – The Greatest Showman
- Friday, August 21st – Beauty and the Beast (2017)
- Friday, August 28th – Fantastic Four (2005)
- Friday, August 28th – Alice Through the Looking Glass
- Friday, September 4th – The Wolverine
This is really interesting considering films like The Wolverine, 2005’s Fantastic Four, and other films are coming to the streaming service. The arrival of 2015’s Fantastic Four film has confused some people, making some wonder if this is Disney+’s attempt to reveal that these adaptations of the classic Fantastic Four comic book characters will be part of the MCU. But, it looks like now that Disney is looking to just simply bring in properties that they own and I think they’re trying to bring in people who were fans of the Fox Marvel projects into purchasing Disney+. My one question is, if Disney+ is bringing in the Fox Marvel films, will Disney+ bring in the Netflix Marvel shows once the two-year contracts are up?
Which films are you excited for?