Today the DCComic official twitter announced DC FanDome, which will talk about their movies, television, and comic books. DC Fandome will take place on August. 22, 2020, beginning at 10 am PT at DCFanDome.com, for free, and be available online for 24 hours. Check out the some of the press release below and additional details for the upcoming event.
Imagine all the Super Heroes and Super-Villains you’ve ever loved finally coming together in one place to celebrate DC’s past, present and future. Accessible for 24 hours at DCFanDome.com, the global event will immerse fans into the DC Multiverse, with new announcements from WB Games, Film and TV, and comics, as well as an unprecedented opportunity to hear from the casts and creators behind your favorite feature films and TV series, including: Aquaman, The Batman, Batwoman, Black Adam, Black Lightning, DC Super Hero Girls, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, DC’s Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Harley Quinn, the SnyderCut of Justice League, Lucifer, Pennyworth, SHAZAM!, The Suicide Squad, Supergirl, Superman & Lois, Teen Titans GO!, Titans, Watchmen, Young Justice: Outsiders and, coming this fall to theaters worldwide, Wonder Woman 1984.
The DC FanDome is the place to hear highly anticipated announcements and the latest news, see exclusive footage, and venture into themed worlds designed to entertain everyone from movie and TV superfans to gamers and readers, to families and kids. With special presentations to engage fans in every time zone across the globe, you’ll have the opportunity to have an experience that’s all your own. Inside this virtual world, fans will also get access to localized events, featuring the faces and voices from countries around the world in their local language. No matter where you live, your age or your level of fandom, there is something for you.
Exploring the DC FanDome
The epicenter of the DC FanDome is the Hall of Heroes, where you can experience special programming, panels and content reveals from a wide variety of films, TV series and games, available in several languages, including Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. From there, navigate deeper into the DC Multiverse, exploring five additional satellite worlds, each with its own localized content and unique activities and one world fully devoted to our younger fans:
- DC WatchVerse: Here’s where you grab a seat, sit back and join our virtual audience and become completely engrossed in hours of must-see content from around the world. Everything from panels and exclusive screenings to never-before-seen footage, featuring cast, creators and behind-the-scenes crew from across DC Films, TV, Home Entertainment and Games.
- DC YouVerse: Venture into this world where the FANS are the stars to see the most amazing user-generated content, cosplay and fan art from around the world, including, perhaps, your own.
- DC KidsVerse: Need a way to entertain your kids for hours on end? We’ve got you covered inside a special world, which can be accessed directly at DCKidsFanDome.com. This area features a broad range of family-friendly activations for our younger fans.
- DC InsiderVerse: This creativity-based world contains a centerpiece video featuring legendary artist and DC CCO/Publisher Jim Lee, President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and creator of the DC TV Arrowverse, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti, welcoming fans with a 101-style introduction to the DC Multiverse. From there, go behind the scenes with the master artisans who bring DC to life in all its forms, from comic books to games, TV, movies, theme parks, consumer products and more.
- DC FunVerse: Take your DC FanDome experience and gather cool shareables; check out our comic book reader; DIY cool WW84 Golden Armor and Batmobile kits; plus digital giveaways and a store filled with merchandise, including some limited-edition exclusives.
Pull Up to the Blerd & Boujee House
Where my Blerds at? The second annual celebration of Black nerd culture returns with the all-new Blerd & Boujee House at DC FanDome, bringing Blerds, LatinxGeeks and all nerds “party-with-a-purpose” vibes. As anyone lucky enough to get into the first- ever Blerd & Boujee boat party (featuring DJ D-Nice) at San Diego Comic-Con 2019 can attest, fans will not want to miss connections and conversations designed for the culture.
Calling All Fans!
There’s nothing more important to DC than our fans, and we want to showcase you! In partnership with Talenthouse, DC FanDome today launched a call for your best DC Fan Art & Fandom displays. Show us your cosplay, makeup, tattoos and even your own Batcave! Be sure to submit your best at create.DCFanDome.com for a chance to be featured inside this virtual world event, and demonstrate to people in your home country and across the globe that you are the ultimate DC Super Fan. Selected artists on the day of our event will be voted on by the community in each of our two competitions in order to help our judges pick selected artist winners. Selected artist winners will receive part of a cash prize pool courtesy of DC and Talenthouse.
— DC (@DCComics) June 16, 2020
Movies, Comics, and TV announcements are coming soon!
Due to the coronavirus, San Diego Comic-Con has decided to cancel, and because of that, Warner Brothers have decided to create their event, and it will be online. It will focus on their slate of movies, TV shows, and Comic books.
DC FanDome will be talking about the future of the DCEU. Such as: ‘The Batman,’ directed by Matt Reeves, Wonder Woman 1984, Directed by Patty Jenkins, Black Adam, directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, The Suicide Squad, directed by James Gunn, Shazam, directed by David F. Sandberg, Justice League, directed by Zack Snyder and The Flash.
We will also get more news about their TV shows as well. Such as CW’s Black Lightning, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl, Lucifer, Pennyworth, Supergirl, Superman & Lois. HBO Max’s Doom Patrol, Watchmen. Dc Universe’s Titans, Harley Quinn, and Young Justice: Outsiders.
“With DC FanDome, we’re able to give fans from around the world an exciting and unparalleled way to connect with all their favorite DC characters, as well as the incredible talent who bring them to life on the page and screen,” Warner Bros. CEO Ann Sarnoff said in a statement.
For the past decade, Comic-Con has been a go-to place for Warner Bros., Marvel Studios and other studios to tease upcoming comic book tentpoles and TV shows, but that changed with this year’s convention being canceled and migrating online for a number of virtual panels. So far, no major film or TV projects have signed up to participate in the online Comic-Con, and Warners is the first studio to announce its own plans.
With the massive success of the PlayStation Live Event, I do expect the same professionalism with DC FanDome. Giving us a good enough glimpse of Walter Hamada’s plan for the DCEU is the top of my list of what I would like to see in this event.
What are your thoughts on DC FanDome? Are you excited, or are you meh about this event? Let us know in the comments below.
Source: DC Comics, Hollywood Reporter