Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has just announced they will be bringing Adult Swim’s cultural phenomenon Rick & Morty: Season 5 to Blu-Ray SteelBook, Blu-Ray and DVD on December 7, 2021. From creators Justin Roiland (“Solar Opposites”) and Dan Harmon (“Community”), get ready to binge on one of cables #1 watched comedies featuring all 10 episodes from Season 5, and outrageous bonus content including the never-before-seen featurette – “Fighting Gravity”: The Making of Season 5. Exclusive to the set, follow co-creator Dan Harmon and the crew as they reflect on the challenges of completing this season in the middle of a pandemic. Additional special features include “Inside the Episode” segments for every episode, numerous featurettes, and more.
Synopsis: Rick and Morty is the multi-Emmy® Award winning half-hour comedy series that airs on Adult Swim, the #1 destination for young adults for over a decade. The half-hour animated Adult Swim hit comedy series follows a sociopathic genius scientist who drags his inherently timid grandson on insanely dangerous adventures across the universe. Rick Sanchez is living with his daughter Beth’s family and constantly bringing her, his son-in-law Jerry, granddaughter Summer, and grandson Morty into intergalactic escapades. Rick and Morty was the #1 comedy across all of television in 2017 and 2019 and has become a multi-platform sensation not just on television, but across digital, gaming, live streaming, retail, and fan experiences.
- “Fighting Gravity”: The Making of Season 5 (Exclusive to Set): In this deep dive discussion, co-creator Dan Harmon and the crew reflect on the challenges of completing this season in the middle of a pandemic and the creative process behind the story’s biggest revelations.
- “Inside the Episode”: For every episode from Season 5
- B-Story Generator Vol. 1: Co-creator Dan Harmon and writer Rob Schrab reach into their box of random ideas to conjure up hilarious side stories.
- B-Story Generator Vol. 2: Co-creator Dan Harmon and writer Rob Schrab return to brainstorm even more ludicrous side stories.
- Backgrounds: The show’s artists give us a jaw-dropping look at the amazingly detailed environments packed into every episode.
- Animation and Compositing: Crafting the show’s visuals is a complex process and the crew is here to show us why.
- Coloring Rick and Morty: Get an in-depth look at how the crew uses vibrant color to create fantastic alien worlds.
- Directing ‘Mortyplicity’: An inside look at the evolution of this ambitious and action-packed episode, from initial storyboards to final product.
- Directing ‘Rickmurai Jack’: A behind the scenes look at one visualization of one of the most ambitious episodes in the series’ history.
- Season 5 Hype: Dan Harmon and the writers give you a taste of what’s in store for Rick and Morty’s wildest season yet.
Before we let you go, we have officially launched our merch store! Check out all of our amazing apparel when you click here and type in GVN15 at checkout for a 15% discount!
Make sure to check out our podcasts each week including Geek Vibes Live, Top 10 with Tia, Wrestling Geeks Alliance and more! For major deals and money off on Amazon, make sure to use our affiliate link!
Dillon is most comfortable sitting around in a theatre all day watching both big budget and independent movies.