Many would argue that the Star Wars fandom is what it is because of the characters of the franchise and how they would become emotionally invested in them. Throughout the 40+ years since A New Hope, fans have seen dozens and dozens of characters come and go. In the most recent movies, we have even seen iconic characters return on the big screen in unexpected cameo appearances. After the teaser for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker premiered earlier this month, it looks like the latest installment of the Skywalker Saga will be no exception. It teases the return of Emperor Palpatine and there are also claims that Luke Skywalker will also be making an appearance. Along with these two cameos, The Rise of Skywalker is expected to throw all kinds of shocking revelations out for the fans to enjoy, including the possibility of another character making their surprising return.
***WARNING: Potential spoilers below for “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”***
A reliable source for Star Wars news speculates that the upcoming Star Wars film will feature an appearance by Han Solo. Here are the findings that Making Star Wars was able to piece together from a variety of sources found online:
- “The main sequence takes place between Adam Driver and Harrison Ford or Kylo Ren and Han Solo.
- One source called it a surprise intervention of sorts.
- A source that did not work on or see the sequence believed it takes place when Kylo Ren asks the burned Darth Vader helmet to show him the darkness again.
- Luke Skywalker appears to be the twist in the encounter.
- The source was paraphrasing but Han Solo tells Ben Solo it isn’t too late and the sequence has a tone of forgiveness and understanding to it.
- He’s not a ‘force ghost’ in the classic sense and he’s part of a ‘vision’ or ‘dream’ type moment induced by Luke Skywalker.”
The last time Han Solo was seen was in Star Wars: The Force Awakens where was killed off by his son Kylo Ren. And sadly, with Carrie Fisher’s passing in 2016, the new film was left with using unseen footage from previous movies to deliver a storyline for Leia. This rumor, however, tells us that it is possible to have Han play an important role in the new film by delivering a potential emotional intervention between Leia and Kylo.
To find out if this speculation is true, be sure to watch Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker when it lands in theaters on December 20th.