What is an Offshore Software Company and Which Countries are the Best to Outsource to?
The offshoring of software for development has been on the rise since the 1990s. Software outsourcing is a strategy that businesses use to outsource some or all of their software or IT development to an offshore company.
Businesses have started to realize that outsourcing their software development can deliver many benefits, including reducing costs, increasing team efficiency, and decreasing time-to-market. This is due to the fact that there are many talented developers available in countries where labor is cheap.
The best countries to outsource software development to are India, Philippines, China and Eastern European countries. Think Ukraine, Poland and Belarus for instance.
All of these countries’ governments have invested significantly in their booming tech scenes and the results are clear: the biggest names in Tech right now all have offshore offices in these countries. So why shouldn’t you?
How to Choose the Right Offshore Software Development Company for You?
Choosing the right offshore software development company for you is not as easy as it seems. The company needs to have a well-balanced team of experts that can work together to accomplish your desired outcome.
The first thing that you should do is to find out whether the company has a history and reputation in the field of IT services and software development. If they do, then you will
be able to rest assured knowing that your project will be taken care of by experts who know what they are doing.
To make the process easier, we list below some factors to consider when selecting an offshore software development company:
- How many years has the company been in business?
- Is their office location strategically based?
- What kind of clients does this firm typically work with?
- Do they have the right expertise for your project? What is their experience with similar projects?
- What is their pricing model or how do they charge?
- Do they offer social responsibility and sustainability practices?
- When looking for an offshore software development partner, all of these can be important points to consider. Don’t hesitate to ask the right questions when interviewing candidates. This is about the success of your business after all!
How Do I Choose the Best Method of Communication with my Developers?
Communication plays a key role in the success of any business. You can’t be successful if you can’t communicate. The same is true with developers and engineers. Without communication, they won’t be able to understand what you want and create the kind of end product that you need. Choosing the best method of communication is not always easy and it depends on many factors.
It’s important to remember that there’s no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to communication, every developer has different preferences. Allow us to give you a few tips on how you can choose the best communication method for your team so everything swims!
Tips for communicating with your Offshore Development team:
– Use a combination of Synchronous and Asynchronous communication (live chats/streams can be combined with less instant channels like email and sprints with progress boards)
– Set up good feedback loops (allow everyone the space to evaluate how well systems, processes and tools work for them, and be open to their ideas on improvement)
– Make it fun and engaging (introduce games and ice breakers into your meetings, host the occasional virtual event)
If you implement these simple principles into your communication with your new offshore team, you’ll surely reap the benefits for years to come!
What is the Average Price of an Hourly Rate for an Attractive Developer?
A developer’s hourly rate is usually determined by the skills they have and the location they work in.
The average developer’s hourly rates can vary from $25 to $150 per hour. It all depends on the skillset, experience, and location of the developer.
At SHORE teams we’ve done a lot of the necessary research for you. We can confidently say that through our partners, you’ll find some of the best rates currently available. Prices for developers will be the industry average for whatever location the chosen development partner is based out of. In Asia this will be anywhere from $25 – $40 per hour, to $35-65 in Central and Eastern Europe.
Regardless of the popularity of the programming language or computer engineering skill, we’ve found that there’s always talent to be found at a reasonable price. And at SHORE teams we’re ready to help you find them.
Caroline is doing her graduation in IT from the University of South California but keens to work as a freelance blogger. She loves to write on the latest information about IoT, technology, and business. She has innovative ideas and shares her experience with her readers.