Modern entertainment means have transformed significantly along with people’s necessities. This is exactly what happened in the gambling sphere. Today, people play primarily for fun. At the same time, there are other reasons and types of visitors to casino halls.
The experts at the aggregator company 2WinPower have analysed the behaviour of punters in gaming lounges. Some visit casinos for new emotions, others — for financial benefit. So, what types of players attend such establishments?
This group is the most populous among the casino audience. Their feeling of obligatory win usually overcomes fun. Yet, a lot of players still enjoy the gambling process itself. These people are not experienced enough to win a lot, so they mainly receive positive emotions from the gaming atmosphere.
Low-stake punters are divided into 2 main groups:
The aim of these people in visiting gambling halls is excitement. They do not expect to win much, so victories often inspire them to play more.
Fun players are characterised with:
- visiting a gaming lounge during the end of the week with a company of friends;
- enjoying the atmosphere of a casino because of its flair;
- preparing for the visit by dressing up, cancelling other plans, etc;
- covering long distances to reach the cherished gambling venue;
- focusing not simply on participating process but on socialising as well;
- collecting funds in advance to maximise pleasure obtainment in the establishment.
Fun punters perceive a casino hall not just as a place with slots and tabletops, but rather as a recreational spot. After watching different movies, featuring huge stakes and strenuous moments, they are eager to feel the same during their visits.
The unique name of the group indicates that these people are ready to devote more time to gambling activities. They have fewer funds to spend, and visit casino establishments to find revelation from their daily routine.
The main features of these players are:
- perceiving casino resorts as social escapes;
- getting the possibility of meeting similar punters and sharing their experience;
- prioritising high-quality leisure above any outcomes of games;
- communicating with croupiers and casino employees as an obligatory ritual;
- focusing on daytime trips during the weekdays;
- often having a status of retired people with much free time.
Such punters are not going to impose risk on their gameplay. They come to casinos for stress-free entertainment. The possibility to spend little funds and lose even less motivates them to return to participating establishments.
High Stakes Gamblers
These visitors’ passion for casinos is inspired by the target to win, not just receive pleasure from the gameplay. High-stakes punters usually impose more risk while gambling. Sometimes, it even exceeds their financial capabilities.
Main characteristics of high-stakes players:
- Looking for competitiveness. The main casino entertainment that attracts such punters is the one where rivalry against other participants is necessary, for example, poker.
- Beating the hall. Another reason why high-stakes gamblers enjoy visiting casino lounges is the desire to outsmart the gaming venue. While they win a lot, owners’ profits remain positive in the long run.
- Neglecting risks. Statistics are absent with such punters. They mainly rely on feelings about the game. As a result, neglecting the chances of winning is their typical behaviour.
- Finding intense emotions. High-stakes players are not just about betting a lot. Their aspiration for feelings is also one of the reasons to visit casinos. But unlike fun punters, they strive to experience intense emotions.
- Getting approval from staff. Gamers who play big do not consider their opponents worthy. Instead, they often try to impress croupiers, managers, pit bosses, and other employees.
High-stakes gamblers frequently fluctuate their wagers. Compared to time-on-device punters, they alter bets depending on the situation. Apart from that, their admiration of gambling is explained by the limited time these people have for participation. This is because of the tight working schedule and family.
There are very few punters with such a strong focus on gambling activities. They visit casino lounges to make a living rather than unwind or show off with their big stakes.
Professional participants have peculiar gambling standards:
- preference for games that require skills and mathematical thinking to maximise their winnings (poker, blackjack);
- developed money-managing capabilities that allow to end up financially positive after the playing session;
- psychological influence on opponents that improves their chances of winning while breaking no rules;
- learning all intricacies of the activity, which increases their advantage over punters who are not fully into the game.
The top casino professional players are:
- Akio Kashiwagi;
- Archie Karas;
- Bobby Baldwin;
- Dominic LoRiggio;
- Don Johnson;
- Harold S. Smith, Sr.;
- Keith Taft;
- “Nick The Greek” Dandalos;
- “Titanic” Thompson;
- William Lee Bergstrom.
These punters have made a fortune on gambling, turning it into their life-long passion and occupation.
Knowing the peculiarities of casino players’ psychology allows owners of gambling halls and gaming platforms to boost benefits by offering what their audience wants. The launch of such a site with professional aid from 2WinPower guarantees theoretical and practical tutorials for understanding the public and getting an advantage from it.
For more details on cooperation, contact the customer support of the aggregator via official communication means.
Hi! I’m Bryan, and I’m a passionate & expert writer with more than five years of experience. I have written about various topics such as product descriptions, travel, cryptocurrencies, and online gaming in my writing journey. The latter is one of my favorites topics, and you can find some of my premium casino content at OUSC.